We strive to empower neighborhood residents to build a vision of their community’s future!
WHO WE ARE
North Valley Caring Services (NVCS) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization serving the residents in the Northeast San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. Since our humble beginnings as a soup kitchen more than three decades ago, we've continued to adapt our services to the changing needs of the community. Today, NVCS is a model center for community empowerment, offering a wide array of programs to enable residents to lift themselves out of poverty, while also encouraging them to build a vision for their community's future.read more
WHAT WE OFFER
Our model offers the necessary resources to help the community engage in solving local problems AND prepare for future success:
- The youth after school program provides homework help and fun activities for kids and teens. It also serves as a gang prevention program by offering a safe place to visit after school.
- The family literacy program benefits our young children with early education in our licensed childcare center, while providing our adult parents with important skills through ESL and parenting classes
- A food pantry program for food insecure residents is made possible by the generous donations of neighbors and community members.
- Our breakfast program is completely run by volunteers and is successful in feeding the homeless a hot meal three days a week!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
A message from our Executive Director As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that promotes community empowerment, we strive to operate as lean as we can with a small but mighty staff and the help of amazing volunteers. However, we could not do this work without generous contributions from individuals like you and supportive corporations and foundations. Whether it is:
- Feeding the homeless,
- tutoring at-risk youth afterschool,
- Providing gang prevention services,
- Preparing adults and children for success through the family literacy program…
INSPIRED? TAKE THE NEXT STEP THAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU:
- Make a one-time tax-deductible donation
- Make a recurring tax-deductible donation
- Donate items from our Wish List
- Volunteer for one of our programs
- Volunteer at one of our events
- Register to ride in our next Bike- A-Thon
- Offer your pro-bono professional services
- Schedule a visit
- Plan a corporate volunteer day with your company
- Find out if your company offers a donation-matching policy
- Connect with us through social media and tell your friends to do the same!